- Last Updated: Thursday, 29 October 2015 19:16
- Clay Magic Molds: Med. Reindeer scarf Left 3813
- SC-63 Candy Apple Red, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-26 Green Thumb, SG-402 White, SC-92 Cafe Ole, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-14 Java Bean, SC-86 Old Lace,SG-403 Red, SG-407 Yellow, SG-410 Blue, S-2101 Clear
- DSS-00107 Season's Greetings, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, CB-604 Soft Fan, CB-106 Script Liner, CB-110 Liner, ST-129 Mini Fern Stamp, AC-213 Lg. Sponge on a Stick, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Palette Knife
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, and CB-106 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-86 Old Lace around the eye area, and the belly area.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-92 Cafe Ole to the remainder of the reindeer.
- Using CB-106 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the cheeks and inside the ears.
- Using AC-213 Lg. Sponge on a Stick, apply SC-14 Java Bean to the ST-129 Mini Fern Stamp, and press to the SC-92 Cafe Ole section of the reindeer. Clean the stamp, and apply SC-92 Cafe Ole to it to stamp the edges of the Old Lace section of the reindeer.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife, mix color and medium to the consistency of peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen.
- Using the reindeer screen from DSS-107 Season Greetings, lay the screen with the shiny side down, and rub the thickened mixture over the screen to imprint the design. Wash the screen, lay flat to dry.
- Using CB-106 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of stripes to the hat with SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-26 Green Thumb, and SC-73 Candy Apple Red. Outline the stripes with SG-402 White.
- Using CB-106 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the antlers.
- Detail the reindeer with SG-403 Red, SG-407 Bright Green, SG-410 Bright Blue.
- Dot the scarf with the various colors from the scarf.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Clear to the reindeer.
- Stilt and fire to cone 05/06.