- Last Updated: Wednesday, 25 November 2015 20:23
- FN-Brown, FN-022 Tan, S-2708 Oriental Caramel, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-52 Toad-ily Green, SC-94 Curry Around
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, DSS 0106 Winter Holiday, DSS 0133 Merry Christmas, MC-002 6mm(1/4") Low Tack Maskingtape, CB-106 # 6 Script Liner, CB-110 # 10/0 Liner, CB-604 Soft Fan, AC-230 Clay Carbon paper,
BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Download: Pattern
Designer: Tim McPherson
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque.
- Moisten a clean BT-910 Synthetic Sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using the MC-002 6mm(1/4") Low Tack Maskingtape, apply to the outer edge to create a protected border.
- Using the CB-604 # 4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-022 Tan to the top of the plate.
- Using the CB-604 # 4 Soft Fanb, apply 3 coats of FN-008 Brown to the back and edges.
- Remove the Masking tape while the glaze is still damp to help stop chipping.
- Using the AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper and a pencil, trace on the pattern.
- Using the CB-106 # 6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-80 Basketball to the body, tail and upper face area on the fox.
- Using the CB-106 # 6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the tip of the tail, inside of the ears, lower section on the face, chest and the feet of the fox.
- Using the CB-106 # 6 Script Lineer, apply 3 coats of SC-94 Curry Around to the hat.
- Using the CB-106 # 6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-52 Toad-ily Green to the hat trim and the scarf.
- Outline and detail the fox using the CB-110 # 10/0 Liner loaded in SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Add dots to the fox geet using a brush handle loaded in SC-80 Basketball.
- Place SC-15 Tuxedo onto a palette or tile and sprinkle a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium over the glaze. Using a palette knife, mix color and medium together to the constincy of peanut butter. If the product is too thinit will bleed and give a blurred image. If to thick, it may not penetrate the screen and give a clean image.
- Position the pine branch from DSS-0106 Winter/Holiday shiney side down onto the piece. Hold in place wiht your non-dominate hand and apply the product from the center out on the screen. You may use your finger, a squeegee or sponge to apply. Rub the mixture over the intire image-out of the drawn line. (see package on how to prep a Designer Silkscreen). Holding the silkscreen in place lift up a corner to view the image. If good remove, if areas have been skipped set down and apply more product.
- Repeat step 15 but this time using the lettering and bow from DSS-0133 Merry Christmas.
- Using the Cb-106 # 6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of S-2708 Oriental Caramal to the border.
- Stilt and fire to a shelf cone 05/06.