- Last Updated: Thursday, 16 June 2016 18:03
- MB-1405 Can It Quart
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- FN-010 Tree Green
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- DSS-0105 Patterns - Stripes
- SS-81 Shimmering Silver
- Palette Knife
- Wire Cutters
- Wire Coat Hanger
- Download: Silkscreen Instructions
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Thin FN-010 Tree Green with water (3:1 glaze to water ratio) and pour inside MB-1405 Can-It Quart to coat interior. Pour out excess glaze and wipe away any drips with BT-910 Synthetic Sponge.
- Using a palette knife, mix SC-74 Hot Tamale with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter.
- Tip: Familiarize yourself with Mayco's Silkscreen Instructions for further information and how to properly clean your screen.
- Using DSS-0105 Patterns - Stripes, align the screen to be diagonal stripes on the can.
- With your finger, use the thickened SC-74 Hot Tamale to screen the stripes onto MB-1405 Can-It Quart.
- Tip: For more bold SC-74 Hot Tamale stripes, apply a double screen, aligning with the previously screened stripes. Allow glaze to dry completely between screenings. It will also be helpful to clean your screen in water and allow to dry between screenings.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing over the entire surface of MB-1405 Can-It Quart. Allow glaze to dry between coats. Apply 2 coats.
- Fire to cone 05/06.
- Review this video to create the handle from a wire hanger.
- To properly fired glazed piece, use CB-604 #4 Soft Fan and apply SS-81 Shimmering Silver to the top and bottom rims of MB-1405 Can-It Quart. Also apply SS-81 Shimmering Silver to the wire hanger and handle connectors on the side of the can.
- Tip: If too much SS-81 Shimmering Silver is applied, simply brush away areas with water.