- Last Updated: Wednesday, 21 December 2016 20:42
- Clay Magic Molds: #3912 Large Ornament Plain, #3914 Medium Ornament Plain, #3916 Small Ornament Plain, #3918 Extra Small Ornament Plain
- FN-004 Red
- FN-006 Blue
- FN-018 Bright Blue
- FN-043 Bright Pink
- SC-8 Just Froggy
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SC-30 Blue Dawn
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-95 Pinkie Swear
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- Gold Luster
- Mother of Pearl
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 $10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0106 Winter Holiday
- DSS-0108 Aviary - Small Birds
- DSS-0110 Botanical-Trees
- DSS-0111 Botanical-Leaves
- SG-302 Snowfall
- SL-441 Spots Stencil
- Palette Knife
- Food Coloring
- 2" Foam Roller
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Deepen the color of S-2101 Clear with food coloring on a palette, thicken with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife to the consistency of peanut butter. This mixture is used only to make a pattern for the various screens because we are using a clear it will disappear in the firing.
3. Use the Cardinal from DSS-0108 Avairy-Small Birds to screen the Cardinal in place on the largest ornament. Use the thickened Clear with the shiny side down, rub the mix over the screen. Repeat for the skiing snowman, the bulb and the candle screne from DSS-0106 Winter-Holiday, all with the thickened clear glaze.
4. Use the various colors SC-73 Candy Apple Red, for the reds, SC-25 Crackerjack Brown for the skis, ornament is SC-97 Cant-elope and SC-24 Dandelion, etc.2-3 Coats.
5. Pencil in the pointsetta on the large ornament, brush the sky with two thinned coats of SC-30 Blue Dawn, and shade around the petals and leaves with SC-12 Moody Blue. Brush the center petals of the pointsetta with SC-73 Candy Apple Red and the last layer of petals with SC-74 Hot Tamale. Brusht the leaves with SC-8 Just Froggy, highlite the centers with SC-26 Green Thumb.
6. The sky for the skiing snowman is first painted with SC-30 Blue Dawn tow coats, lay on the SL-441 Dots stencil over the sky, roll SC-16 Cotton Tail over the stencil with the foam roller, some clean up may be necessary, use CB-106 Script Liner to brush around the snowballs with SC-30 Blue Dawn.
7. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife. Place the screens over the painted images, make sure they line up perfectly, rub the thickend Tuxedo over the screen, remove and wash gently. Add a small amount of SC-8 Just Froggy to the thickened Tuxedo, all the Silkscreen Medium if it needs to be thicker, this is for the trees in the background of the Cardinal Ornament. These are from DSS-0110 Trees.
8, Brush three coats of solid color with CB-604 Soft Fan on the backs of the ornaments, FN-004 Red,FN-018 Bright Blue, FN-048 Bright Pink, FN-006 Blue.
9. The evergreen bases, mix SC-8 Just Froggy with SC-15 Tuxedo, thin and brush to the bases, wipe back with a damp sponge, to antique, brush on two coats of SC-8 Just Froggy, leave the shadow areas dark.
10. Apply SG-302 Snowfall to the snow areas of the Cardinal bulb and the skiing snowman, apply with a brush or palette knife, build up the heavier areas for drifts.
11. Outline the pointsetta with SC-15 Tuxedo use CB-110 Liner.
12. Brush on S-2101 Clear to the center sections of the bulb, also the ornament caps and the evergreen branches, avoid brushing over the Snowfall.
13. Fire to cone 05/06.
14. Apply Fired Gold over the ornament caps, the trim around the face of the ornamnets, (may want to tape this area off) outline the pointsetta and leaves with gold. Use Essence to clean the brush.
15. Fire to cone 018.
16. Apply Mother of Pearl with a soft brush to the sold areas of color on the backs of the bulbs, fire to cone 019, clean brush with Luster Essence.