- Last Updated: Thursday, 12 June 2014 18:31
Can also be used as a mantel or window sill decoration.
- CD-1175 - Tree
- CD-1180 - Star
- FN-007 - Green
- FN-013 - Light Yellow
- SC-36 - Irish Luck
- SC-42 - Butter Me Up
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- AC-213 - Sponge on a Stick - 1¼"Diameter
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- SL-IP/P - Casting Slip
- ST-KIT3 Mini Stamp Kit
- Begin by casting the CD-1175 Tree and CD-1180 Star per Castables instructions with SL-IP/P slip.
- While the piece is still leather hard, use an X-Acto knife to cut out star shapes on the tree and triangles on the star. Also cut a hole in the back to insert the tree light. Allow to dry.
- Clean the piece per Castables instructions with the CT-002/K Greenware Kit.
- Bisque fire to shelf cone 04.
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-007 Green to the tree except the base. Apply 3 coats of FN-013 Light Yellow to the star. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the tree base. Apply a wash of SC-42 Butter Me Up to shade the star.
- Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with SC-36 Irish Luck. Tap the SC-36 Irish Luck onto the tree stamp from the ST-KIT3 Mini Stamp Kit then press the stamp gently onto the tree. Continue stamping around the piece. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.