- Last Updated: Friday, 26 April 2019 18:49
- MB-1486 Rustic Tray
- FN-035 Deep Red
- SC-5 Tiger Tail
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-39 Army Surplus
- SC-41 Brown Cow
- SC-42 Butter Me Up
- SC-52 Toad-ily Green
- SC-60 Silver Lining
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-81 Cinnamon Stix
- SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral
- SC-93 Honey Dew List
- SC-94 Curry Around
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- SG-405 Green Designer Liner
- SG-406 Brown Designer Liner
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- ST-116 Flourish Stamp
- ST-342 Poinsettia Stamp
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- 1/2" Tape
- Download: Pattern
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
- Use the AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper to trace the pattern onto the tray.
- Tape off the yellow rectangle area. Thin SC-5 Tiger Tail. Use the Script Liner to float to the edges of the rectangle. Add two thinned coats of SC-42 Butter Me Up to the center of the rectangle.
- Tape to make the red border on the left side of the tray, and add a tape line on the right side. Thin (like water) SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral and use the Soft Fan to apply two coats to the taped area. Use the sponge-on-a-stick to dab SC-81 Cinnamon Stix to the ST-116 Flourish Stamp and press onto the Cutie Pie Coral areas. Remove the tape.
- Tape to make the deeper green rectangle at the bottom of the tray. Thin SC-52 Toad-ily Green (like water) and use the Soft Fan to apply two thinned coats to the rectangle area. Use the sponge-on-a-stick to dab SC-39 Army Surplus to the ST-342 Poinsettia Stamp and press onto the Toad-ily Green areas. Remove the tape and let dry.
- Use the tape to create the Honeydew List rectangle area. Use the Soft Fan to apply two thinned coats of SC-93 Honeydew List to the remaining areas. Use the sponge-on-a-stick to dab SC-52 Toad-ily Green on the ST-342 Poinsettia Stamp and press onto the Honeydew List area.
- Thin SC-39 Army Surplus and SC-52 Toad-ily Green; use the Script Liner to apply two coats to the leaves. Apply the darker green to one side of the leaf and the lighter to the other, adding in SC-42 Butter Me Up to the lighter side.
- Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-94 Curry Around to the breast and the eye area. Use the same brush to apply two coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the lower part of the body flowing up to meet the Curry Around. Use SC-41 Brown Cow and SC-60 Silver Lining to apply two coats to the remaining sections of the bird.
- Thin SG-401 with water. Use the Liner brush with the thinned color to create feather lines.
- Use the Liner brush with SG-401 that has not been thinned to create accent lines on the bird and the beak.
- Use the Script Liner to float SC-15 Tuxedo on the wings and at the back of their heads. Dot the berries with SC-74 Hot Tamale.
- For this step we used Designer Liner with the CB-110 Liner. Use the Liner and SG-401 Black to outline the birds and detail the leaves. Use SG-401 Black SG-405 Green to stroke in the pine needles. Apply SG-406 Brown to the branches.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-035 Deep Red to the back of the plate.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze to the top of the plate or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
- Fire to cone 05/06.