- Last Updated: Friday, 30 June 2017 21:00
- CD-1406 Top Hat
- FN-001 White
- FN-010 Tree Green
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- CB-106 Script Liner
- 2 yds of eyelet cotton trim
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
- Mark off 1 1/4 inches at the brim of the hat, draw a line, tape off the line for the hat band, brush area with 3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale, use CB-604 Soft Fan. When dry tape over the edge of the red to mask.
- Roughly pencil in the space for the eyelet trim, brush area with two coats of FN-001 White, while the second coat is wet, lay in the eyelet cotton trim, brush back over the trim with more of the white glaze so that it is firmly stuck to the hat with the glaze and the gaps removed from the edges.
- Brush SC-074 Hot Tamale with CB-106 Script Liner, over the holes in the eyelet yarn 1-2 coats.
- \Brush the remainder of the hat with three coats of FN-010 Tree Green, brush just over the edge of the lace.
- Remove the lace while the green glaze is still damp. Remove the tape on the red hat band.
- Fire to cone 05/06.