- Last Updated: Thursday, 02 November 2017 13:00
- MB-1417 Snail Box
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-63 Popeye’s Favorite
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-77 Glow Worm
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- FN-001 White
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-404 Pointed Round
- AC-230 Clay Carbon (optional)
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Pattern: Download
Designer: William Pulse
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust. Check the inside surfaces for debris as well.
- Use CB-604 Soft Fan to apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the shell.
- To apply the pattern use the peppermint (pattern) guide as a reference or trace the pattern onto the shell. It is easier to plot out the pattern by hand over tracing it. Just take your time and evenly space the red sections. Notice the red sections have curved edges and are wider at the bottom than at the top of each section. While there won’t be total alignment to the sections, they should be very close when drawing in the pattern.
- Using CB-110 Liner or CB-404 Pointed Round to apply 3 coats to the red sections of the pattern on the shell. The smallest sections near the center only 2 coats may be required for color saturation.
- Sketch in the stripes between the red sections on the shell with a pencil. The line should be midway between the red sections and mimic the curve between these sections as well. Using SG-405 Green to paint in the lines between the red sections on the shell. Keep the line fine towards the center and growing slightly wider as they progress to the outside edge of the shell as noted in the pattern.
- To the bottom body section of the snail apply 2-3 coats of SC-77 Glow Worm to the outside surface using CB-604 Soft Fan. Load the brush with SC-77 Glow Worm and tip one edge (side load) with SC-52 Toad-ily Green to shade along the upper ruffle and the body and head. The darker tone goes along the edge of the ruffle.
- Use CB-110 Liner loaded with thinned SC-53 Toad-ily Green and SC-63 Popeye’s Favorite to shade the creases in the tummy and between the eyes.
- Paint in the pupil of the eye and nostrils with SC-15 Tuxedo using CB-110 Liner.
- Use a pencil point to dot in the markings along the body ruffle with SC-63 Popeye’s Favorite. Vary the placement and size of the dots to create a more random pattern to the dots.
- Apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to both pieces.
- Stilt and Fire the pieces to Shelf Cone 05-06.