- Last Updated: Thursday, 12 June 2014 18:31
Simple technique, contemporary feel.
- MB-133 - Scooped Serving Bowl 14" or
- MB-134 - Scooped Serving Bowl 9"
- MB-146 - Tapered Mug
- FN-004 - Red
- SC-39 - Army Surplus
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- AC-222 - Medium Writer Tip
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- ¼" Masking Tape
- Old Toothbrush
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan Brush, apply 3 coats of FN-004 Red to the inside of the mug and back of the bowl. Allow to dry.
- Using a pencil, sketch on the tree pattern several times around the mug and bowl.
- Using the ¼" masking tape, tape off the outside edge of the tree shape.
- Place the AC-222 Medium Writer Tip on the bottle of SC-39 Army Surplus then squeeze on the lines for the green tree and add trunks to the red trees.
- Place the AC-222 Medium Writer Tip on the bottle of SC-74 Hot Tamale then squeeze the red lines on the tree and the squiggles on the top edge and handle of the mug. Also add some dots and trunks on the green trees.
- Using an old toothbrush, spatter the outside of the mug and bowl with SC-39 Army Surplus. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-221 Milk Glass to the ouside of the mug and top of the bowl. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.