- Last Updated: Monday, 07 October 2019 19:38
MB-1293 Rectangle Salad Plate
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-77 Glow Worm
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- FN-010 Tree Green
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Stiff Toothbrush
- Plain Paper
- Pattern: Download
Designer: Marcia Roullard
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Pencil in a rough sketch of the tree shape to provide a guide for painting or use the pattern to trace.
3. Pour the following colors onto a palette (approx. the size of a lid from the Foundations glaze): SC-26 Green Thumb, SC-27 Sour Apple, SC-77 Glow Worm, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-12 Moody Blue and SC-97 Cant-elope.
4. You will create the tree design with torn paper! The pattern lists the colors used in each layer of the tree.
5. Tear a strip of paper about 1/2" wide and the length of the color listed.
6. Tip: When laying the paper down, do not worry about filling the gap between the layers of paper. In step 15 the blanks will be filled in with glaze.
7. Start at the bottom of the tree and work up your way. Pull the strip of paper through the puddle of SC-26 Green Thumb. You may need to smooth out some of the glazes so the paper is covered. Place it onto the plate, wait a minute then press down to make sure the paper is making contact with the plate. Tip: Take a damp sponge and press down on the paper. If the glaze squirts out, just wipe it back with the sponge. Try to get the air bubbles out of the paper.
8. Repeat step 6 but drag the paper through SC-77 Glow Worm and a little of SC-27 Sour Apple. The first color you put on the paper will be the top color showing on the plate.
9. As you progress you will tear the paper to fit the space
10. Follow the pattern and continue to fill the tree with glazed paper.
11. Top branch is mostly SC-12 Moody Blue with a little SC-11 Blue Yonder. Of course, the color choices are yours to make.
12. Tear a star from paper and drag through SC-6 Sunkissed and SC-97 Cant-elope.
13. The tree trunk is SC-14 Java Bean. Tear a piece of paper, drag through the glaze and apply to the plate. Leave all of the paper on for the next step.
14. With a stiff toothbrush, use the colors used in the tree to spatter the background of the plate. Dip the brush in the glaze then run your thumb across the toothbrush to splatter the glaze.
15. Use the Script Linerand apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo between the strips of paper and around the edges.
16. Use the Soft Fan to apply 3 coats of FN-010 Tree Green to the back of the plate.
17. Apply clear glaze of choice.
18. Stilt and Fire to cone 05/06.