- Last Updated: Wednesday, 07 November 2018 14:26
MB-1172 3” Flat Round Ornament
- SC-8 Just Froggy
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-78 Lime Light
- SG-302 Snowfall
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or NT-BR Clear One Brushing Glaze
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0156 Llama Drama
Designer: Elizabeth Carey
- Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- On the DSS-0156 Llama Drama screen, locate the leaves. Draw an outline around it in permanent marker. Cut it out with excess screen around the edges.
- Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more Silkscreen Medium or glaze.
- Place the leaves on the left edge of the ornament. While holding it firmly in place, take a small amount of premixed Silkscreen Medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Slowly pull up the screen to avoid smearing.
- Wash the screen with water and make sure it is dry. Flip it over to the other side and re-screen on the right side of the ornament.
- Using the pencil, draw an ornament hanging between the two sets of leaves.
- Using the Script Liner with SC-8 Just Froggy, apply two coats to the leaves. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the Scrip Liner with SC-74 Hot Tamale, apply two coats to the berries and the hanging ornament. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the Detail Liner, Script Liner and Soft Fan with SC-78 Lime Light, apply two coats to the background, sides and back of the ornament. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the Detail Liner with SG-302 Snowfall, make accent lines on the hanging ornament.
- Using the Detail Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo, outline the hanging ornament and add a string.
- Using the Soft Fan, apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
- Fire to cone 06.