- Last Updated: Wednesday, 07 November 2018 14:19
MB-1172 3" Flat Round Ornament
- SC-8 Just Froggy
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-73 Candle Apple Red
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-78 Lime Light
- SG-403 Red
- SG-701 Star Dust
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or NT-BR Clear One Brushing Glaze
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 10/0 Detail Liner
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0157 Under the Sea
- Palette Knife
- Permanent Marker
Designer: Elizabeth Carey
- Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- On the DSS-0157 Under the Sea screen, locate the crab. Draw an outline around it in permanent marker. Cut it out with the excess screen around the edges.
- Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more Silkscreen Medium or glaze.
- Place the crab in the bottom, center of the ornament. While holding it firmly in place, take a small amount of premixed Silkscreen Medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Slowly pull up the screen to avoid smearing.
- Using the pencil, draw two presents resting on top of the crab's claws. Refer to image.
- Using the Detail Liner with SC-73 Candy Apple Red, apply two coats to the crab. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the Detail Liner with SC-8 Just Froggy, apply two coats to the bottom present. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the Detail Liner with SC-78 Lime Light, apply two coats to the top present. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the Script Liner and Detail Liner with SC-45 My Blue Heaven, apply two coats to the background of the ornament. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the Scrip Liner and Fan Brush with SC-74 Hot Tamale, apply two coats to the sides and back of the ornament.
- Use SG-403 to make a bow on the presents.
- Using the Detail Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo, outline the presents and bow.
- Using the Script Liner with SG-401 Star Dust, apply one coat to the crab.
- Using the Soft Fan, apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
- Fire to cone 06.