- Last Updated: Monday, 19 November 2018 19:41
MB-1353 8”x10” Clay Canvas
- FN-001 White
- SC-14 Java Bean (optional)
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-35 Gray Hare (optional)
- SC-60 Silver Lining (optional)
- SC-78 Lime Light (optional)
- SC-81 Cinnamon Stix
- SC-87 Ruby Slippers
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- MT-010 Cable Knit Mat
- X-ACTO Knife
1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using the Soft Fan with FN-001 White, apply two coats to the front and sides of the canvas. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
3. Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-78 Lime Light or SC-60 Silver Lining onto the plate. Take the MT-010 Cable Knit Mat and place it design-side up. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab it into the glaze. Blot off any excess onto the bare portion of the plate, then sponge the mat. Take the mat and gently press onto the canvas. Slowly pull the mat off to avoid smearing. Repeat the pattern for the portion of the canvas that was missed by the first mat. Allow glaze to dry completely.
4. Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-14 Java Bean or SC-35 Gray Hare onto the plate. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab into the glaze. Sponge onto the inside of the child’s hand. Repeat until it is covered. Press the hand onto the center of the canvas. Slowly lift the hand off to avoid smearing. Repeat to make a handprint to the left and right of the first handprint. Allow the handprints to dry completely.
5. Using a pencil, draw a face on each of the reindeer. Write the child’s name above and the date below.
6. Using the X-ACTO knife, remove the portion of the handprint that will be beneath the eyes and nose. This will prevent the darker glaze from showing through.
7. Using the Detail Liner with SC-16 Cotton Tail, apply two coats to the eyes. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
8. Using the Detail Liner with SC-87 Ruby Slippers, apply two coats to the noses. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
9. Using the Detail Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo, detail the faces.
10. Using the Script Liner with SC-16 Cotton tail, add a highlight to the noses.
11. Using the Detail Liner with SC-81 Cinnamon Stix, trace the lettering.
12. Fire to cone 06.