- Last Updated: Monday, 18 March 2019 15:57
MB-988 Mitten Dish
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or NT-BR Brushing Glaze
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- ST-103 Retro Star Stamp
Designer: Elizabeth Carey
- Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Squeeze about a tablespoon of SC-45 My Blue Heaven onto the plate. Take the ST-103 Retro Star Stamp and place it design-side up. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab it into the glaze. Blot off any excess onto the bare portion of the plate, then sponge the stamp. Take the stamp and gently press onto the mitten. Repeat until the mitten is covered.
- Using the Script Liner with SC-45 My Blue Heaven, Outline the mitten. Apply two coats to the cuff. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue onto the plate. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab into the glaze. Sponge onto the inside of the child’s hand. Repeat until it is covered. Press the hand onto the mitten. Slowly lift the hand off to avoid smearing. Allow the hand print to dry completely.
- Use the pencil to write the child's name and date.
- Using the Detail Liner with SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue, trace over the lettering.
- Using the Soft Fan with SC-45 My Blue Heaven, apply two coats to the back of the mitten. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the Soft Fan, apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
- Fire to cone 06.