- Last Updated: Thursday, 06 April 2017 18:10
MB-1462 Jolly Christmas Tree
- FN-48 Bright Pink
- SC-3 Wine About It
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- AC-219 Designer Bottle with Writer Tip
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 Script Liner
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
Designer: Laura Fraedrich
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan brush, apply 3 coats of FN-48 Bright Pink to entire Jolly Christmas Tree.
- Using a pencil, draw bird shapes facing in different directions all over the tree.
- Using the CB-106 Script Liner, apply two coats of SC-27 Sour Apple to several of the birds. Repeat with SC-97 Cant-elope and SC-11 Blue Yonder until all of the birds are painted.
- Load a section of the BT-910 Synthetic Sponge with SC-3 Wine About It. Sponge on color to the bottom sides of the swirls of the tree using an up and down pouncing motion.
- Fill a clean AC-219 Designer Bottle with Writer Tip with SC-15 Tuxedo. Draw around the bird bodies, then add legs, eyes, beaks and patterned wings to each bird. Add a few lines and/or dots to the edges to the swirls of the tree.
- Dip the end of the Script Liner handle into a small pool (about the size of a nickel) of SC-16 Cotton Tail. Dab it onto a section of the tree between the birds to make a polka dot. Repeat this until you cover all of the areas between the birds with dots.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06