- Last Updated: Tuesday, 29 April 2014 13:38
Delicately decorated for Christmas.
- MB-107 - Ruffle Ware Dinner 11½"
- FN-004 - Red
- SC-14 - Java Bean
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-16 - Cotton Tail
- SC-25 - Crackerjack Brown
- SC-27 - Sour Apple
- SC-36 - Irish Luck
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- SC-78 - Lime-Light
- AC-230 - Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-308 - #8 Flat Shader
- CB-406 - #6 Pointed Round
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-004 Red to the entire piece. Allow to dry.
- Using ¼" Masking Tape, create a plaid design on the border.
- Using AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper and a pencil, trace on the dog pattern.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan or CB-406 #6 Pointed Round, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the border. While the color is still damp, remove the masking tape.
- Using a CB-308 - #8 Flat Shader, block in the dog with 1 coat of SC-15 Tuxedo. Using the same brush, apply a 2nd coat - towards the edges keep the brush straight up and down, and pull in from the pattern to the outside, creating a feathered look for the hair around the edges of the dog.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the edges and larger stripes on the blanket and dog's collar.
- Using a CB-406 #6 Pointed Round, block in the holly leaves with 2 coats of SC-78 Lime Light.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, add the center vein and outline to the holly leaves with SC-36 Irish Luck.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner and CB-106 #6 Script Liner, add stripes to the blanket, collar and border with SC-78 Lime Light. Add more stripes with SC-16 Cotton Tail, then a smaller accent stripe with SC-25 Crackerjack Brown. Using the brush handle, add holly berries on the dogs collar with SC-74 Hot Tamale. Using the brush handle, add dots to the blanket's edge with SC-25 Crackerjack Brown.
- To the corners on the plate, center of the border, and around the holly leaves add pine branches using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner with SC-78 Lime Light, then SC-27 Sour Apple then SC-36 Irish Luck.
- Add pinecones to the pine branches. Using a CB-406 #6 Pointed Round, load in SC-14 Java Bean and tip in SC-25 Crackerjack Brown, and pull in small strokes from the base towards the top, letting the strokes overlap to create the pinecones.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, load with SC-16 Cotton Tail and add a small hightlight to the base of each stroke on the pinecone to look like snow.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to block in the eye. Add a hightlight to the dog's nose with SC-16 Cotton Tail. Add the dog's iris to the eye with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Load a pencil eraser with SC-74 Hot Tamale and add berries to the pine branches. Side load the eraser with SC-16 Cotton Tail and add a hightlight to the berries.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner or CB-110 #10/0 Liner with SC-27 Sour Apple and add curly lines connecting the pine branches.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.