- Last Updated: Wednesday, 31 October 2012 21:06
Any seasonal lace pattern will do the trick
- MB-865 - Christmas Ornament Box
- FN-001 - White
- FN-004 - Red
- SC-60 - Silver Lining
- SG-302 - Snowfall
- AB-834 - ¾" Acrylic Base Coat
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-404 - #4 Pointed Round
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- ½" Masking Tape
- Small Cup
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-004 Red to the entire ornament box except for the hanger knob. Allow to dry.
- Apply ½" masking tape to section off where the lace stripes will be. Refer to the photo. You may also want to place an extra strip of masking tape to give more of the red area protection from the SG-302 Snowfall.
- Place the lace right side up to a section on the Ornament Box. Using a AB-834 ¾" Basecoat, apply SG-302 Snowfall through the lace. Alow the SG-302 Snowfall to set up for a few minutes, then remove the lace.
- Remove the masking tape.
- Using a CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, apply 3 coats of SC-60 Silver Lining to the knob.
- Thin FN-001 White with water (1 to 1 ratio) in a small cup. Dip the CB-404 #4 Pointed Round into the cup and spatter the plain red areas of the Ornament Box (avoid spattering the knob). Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.