- Last Updated: Monday, 10 April 2017 18:00
- MB-1396 Spot on Pocket
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SG-401 Black
- SG-403 Red
- SG-404 Blue
- SG-405 Green
- SG-407 Yellow
- SG-408 Orange
- SG-409 Bright Green
- SG-410 Bright Blue
- FN-004 Red
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- CB-110 #10 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
Designer: Adena Griffith
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 06 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply FN-004 Red to the backside and along the side edge of MB-1396 Spot on Pocket bisque. Allow glaze to lose its shine between coats. Apply 3 coats.
- With AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace the pattern onto the front of the bisque with a pencil.
- Using SG-401 Black, outline the traced image. Dip the CB-106 #6 Script Liner in water, then side load the brush with a small amount SG-401 Black and brush along the previously drawn SG-401 Black line. Repeat process with dipping the CB-106 #6 Script Liner in water, then side loading into SG-401 Black until the entire outline has been faded. Be sure to brush along the eyebrow and lower eyelid of the elephant.
- To add flowers on the elephant's head, begin with drawing a quarter-sized circle with SG-410 Bright Blue on the forehead and bottom of the ear. Using CB-110 #10/0 Liner, evenly brush to a solid colored circle. Allow to dry.
- On top of the SG-410 Bright Blue circle (on the forehead and ear), draw a slightly smaller circle using SG-403 Red. Using CB-110 #10/0 Liner, evenly brush to a solid colored circle. Allow to dry.
- On top of the SG-403 Red circle (on the forehead and ear), draw a slightly smaller circle using SG-407 Yellow. Using CB-110 #10/0 Liner, evenly brush to a solid colored circle. Allow to dry.
- On top of the SG-407 Yellow circle (on the forehead and ear), draw and fill in a smaller circle using SG-405 Green. Allow to dry.
- With alternating colors, use SG-403 Red, SG-407 Yellow, SG-408 Orange, SG-409 Bright Green, and SG-410 Bright Blue to add small dots and decorate the previously drawn circles.
- Using SG-405 Green, draw vines on the head and ears, filling in the leaves with a thin coat. Allow to dry. Add dots of SG-407 Yellow on leaves.
- Using SG-407 Yellow, SG-403 Red, and SG-404 Blue, draw small flowers around the vines.
- Go back through the design and add dots along the design with all of the Designer Liner Colors. Allow to dry.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Liner, dot on SC-16 Cotton Tail to the eyes.
- Using SG-404 Blue, SG-403 Red, and SG-409 Bright Green, apply a boarder by dotting along the outer edge of the bisque. Alternate colors as shown. Allow to dry.
- Apply clear glaze of choice to the interior and exterior of bisque.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.