- Last Updated: Monday, 19 March 2018 20:24
- CD-1331 Owl Planter
- FN-018 Bright Blue
- SC-2 Melon-choly
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red (optional)
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-55 Yella Bout It
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- DSS-0147 Island Silkscreen
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- ST-113 Circulate Stamp
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Palette Knife
- Food Coloring
- Circle Template
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Slightly thin FN-018 Bright Blue, pour to the inside and turn to coat. Pour out the excess and drain the piece.
3. Use the Soft Fan and Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-55 Yella Bout It to the light area of the eyes and belly.
4. Use the same brushes to apply three coats of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the top and back section of the owl.
5. When dry, use a sponge-on-a-stick to apply SC-88 Tu Tu Tango to the ST-113 Circulate stamp. Press the stamp over the Orange-A-Peel. This will give a muted look. If you want the stamped design to show more, stamp with SC-73 Candy Apple Red instead.
6. Use the Script Liner to apply three coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder to the wings and the beak.
7. Thicken S-2101 Clear with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife, add food coloring to deepen the color. Screen the flowers in the shape of a lei on the chest of the owl. Flowers are from DSS-0147 Island. To screen, place the shiny side down, rub with your finger the thickened clear, this is for color placement.
8. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of color to the various flowers in the lei. We used SC-2 Melon-choly, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel and SC-6 Sunkissed. The leaves are SC-26 Green Thumb.
9. When dry, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo as in step 7. Reposition the flower screen over the painted flower and rub over with the thickened Tuxedo.
10. Use the Script Liner or Liner to apply two coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder to the eyes. It is helpful to pencil in the pupil using a circle template. The pupil is two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo. Lightly float thinned Tuxedo around the eyes. Use the Liner and Tuxedo to outline the eyes, wings and around the scalloped front.
11. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of S-2101 Clearto the outside of the planter.
12. Fire to Cone 05/06.