- Last Updated: Monday, 19 March 2018 20:12
MB-1501 - Fairy Window w/Shutters
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-604 #4 Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- DSS-0144 Background Script
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- Palette Knife
- Synthetic Sponge
Designer: Laura Fraedrich
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using the palette knife, apply SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue in a streaky manner onto random areas of the brick around the window. Repeat with SC-97 Cant-elope, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-27 Sour Apple, and SC-73 Candy Apple Red until all the bricks are streaked with color.
- Using the CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the shutters.
- Using the CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the hinges of the shutters and the frame around the window.
- Mix SC-15 Tuxedo with Silkscreen medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Screen the DSS-0144 Background Script onto the window panes. You may have to cut down the silkscreen to a size that is easier to work with.
- Using the synthetic sponge, sponge SC-16 Cotton Tail to the wood on the shutters.
- Using the CB-104 Fan Brush, apply two coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing glaze to the entire piece.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06