- Last Updated: Tuesday, 04 June 2013 15:29
- MB-1363 Garden Bird (looking Left)
- MB-1362 Garden Bird (looking Right)
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-30 Blue Dawn
- SC-32 Bluebeard
- SC-94 Curry Around
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-30 Blue Dawn on the major part of the bird. Leave the cheeks, belly, and around the eyes unglazed to add the designed aspects once the glaze is dry.
- Add SC 32- Bluebeard to some water to make a wash. Apply the wash to the bottom of the wings to give a shadow. You may add some to the top of the head to give the glaze more depth. Use the wash over the wings and tail to pick up the detail of the bisque.
- Use SC-30 Blue Dawn as a wash next to do the cheeks and under the chin to the top of the belly. If the wash travels to far down the belly you can wipe away some of the wash with a damp sponge. Majority of the belly should be white for the design part.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC94 Curry Around on the beaks.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply SC-16 Cotton Tail to the whole eyeball. Once dry apply SC-94 Curry Around to the iris of the eye. Once that is dry apply SC-15 Tuxedo to the pupil. Add a small dot of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the pupil to give a light highlight.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply SC-15 Tuxedo to the upper lash line and the line of the beak.
- Search Internet for floral designs. Draw designs on the belly of the bird with a pencil. Start with a circle where you would like the center of the flower to begin. From there draw rainbow like arches around the circle. Alternating spaces as you build the flower out. You can use the floral designs from the Internet to look off of for shapes of flowers. Once you have the shape of the flower fill in some of the petals with doodle like designs. You may add leaf like images around the flower. Once the design is laid out use SG-401 Black Designer Liner to go over the drawn design. Allow to dry.
- Using aCB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S2-101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the entire white area. Make sure to cover all parts that are not glazed. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.