- Last Updated: Friday, 03 May 2013 19:42
- MB-1364 Turtle Planter
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- FN-031 Corn Flower Blue
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN-031Corn Flower Blue into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the planter and roll around to completely coat the interior of the planter. Drain out the excess glaze and keep planter inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604#4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-27 Sour Apple to the head (except the eyes), neck and legs. Apply 3 coats of SC-6 Sunkissed to the belly.
- Search Internet for floral designs. Draw designs on the shell with a pencil. Start with a circle where you would like the center of the flower to begin. From there draw rainbow like arches around the circle. Alternating spaces as you build the flower out. You can use the floral designs from the Internet to look off of for shapes of flowers. Once you have the shape of the flower fill in some of the petals with doodle like designs. You may add leaf like images around the flower. Once the design is laid out use SG-401 Black Designer Liner to go over the drawn design.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply SC-6 Sunkissed to the upper eyebrow, top of nose, cheeks, and tail to give some dimension and use to high light the turtle’s face.
- Once the SG- 401 Black Designer Liner is dry apply 2 coats of S2101- Crystal Clear Brushing to the whole shell using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply SC-16 Cotton Tail to the whole eyeball. Once dry apply SC-11 Blue Yonder to the iris of the eye and SC-15 Tuxedo to the pupil. add a small dot of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the pupil to give a light highlight. Once the whole eye is dry use SC-15 tuxedo to the upper lash line and the holes of the nostrils. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.