- Last Updated: Wednesday, 30 May 2012 21:02
Exotically glazed and fired; perfect for your outdoor patio or garden.
- MB-1327 Koi Fish
- RK-100 Black Metallic
- RK-101 Copper Metallic
- RK-102 Patina Metallic
- RK-106 Peacock Matte
- CB-406 #6 Pointed Round
- CB-408 #8 Pointed Round
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Raku Kiln
- Raku Tongs
- Welding Gloves
- Metal Trashcan
- Magic Eraser
- Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of RK-106 Peacock Matte to the Koi's face (avoid the eyes and mustache) fins and underbelly. Leave the area where the fish touches the table free of any glaze.
- Using a CB-406 #6 Pointed Round, apply 2 coats of RK-100 Black Metallic to Koi's eyes and mustache. Dry brush RK-100 Black Metallic on top of fins with a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan.
- Using either a CB-406 #6 Pointed Round or CB-408 #8 Pointed Round, apply 2 coats of RK-102 Patina Metallic to various scales on the Koi, leaving the other scales blank.
- Using a CB-408 #8 Pointed Round, apply 2 coats of RK-101Copper Metallic to the scales previously left blank.
- Wipe any excess glaze off the fish's base with a damp sponge. Allow the to dry
- Place Koi in Raku kiln. Heat the kiln to 1830 degrees, and hold for 5 minutes.
- Wearing welding gloves, pull Koi out of kiln with the Raku tongs, place into trashcan filled with newspaper. Wait about 5 seconds before placing lid on trashcan.
- Allow the Koi to sit around 20-30 minutes.
- Wearing welding gloves, pull Koi out of trashcan. Allow to cool.
- Clean Koi with a Magic Eraser and water.