- Last Updated: Thursday, 07 May 2020 20:21
- CD018 Weathered Garden Angel, Greenware
- UG-21 Leaf Green
- UG-22 Spring Green
- UG-31 Chocolate
- UG-34 Chestnut
- UG-57 Spice Brown
- UG-203 Squash Yellow
- UG-216 Peach
- UG-221 Cement
- SG-402 White
- SG-408 Orange
- FN-23 Cinnamon
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-406 Pointed Round
- CB-404 Pointed Round
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- Clean Up Tool
- Green Grit Cloth
- Thompson’s Water Seal
- Tile or Pallet
Designer: William Pulse
- Use the Clean Up Tool to fettle the seam lines from the ware. Further sand the seam lines with the Green Grit Cloth. Use a damp Synthetic Sponge to wipe down the ware to remove any dust.
- Using any of the three brushes listed to apply 3 coats of color to the ware sized for the area being covered. Apply the color in smooth coats.
UG-21 Leaf Green to the underskirt and flower stem.
UG-22 Spring Green to the dress.
UG-31 Chocolate to the hair.
UG-57 Spice Brown to the flesh areas.
UG-34 Chestnut. Dot eyes with the handle end of a brush. 1-2 coats only.
UG-203 Squash Yellow to the flower petals
UG-221 Cement to the wings.
UG-216 Peach to the hair tie. Load the brush with water and tip with color to shade the cheeks.
SG-408 Orange. Place some color onto a tile and thin slightly with water. Use CB-604 Soft Fan loaded with water and tip with color to shade the flower petal edges.
SG-402 White. Place some color onto a tile and slightly thin with water. Use CB-604 Soft Fan to dry-brush the wings.
- Fire to Shelf Cone 04-05.
- Apply 2-3 Coats of FN-23 Cinnamon to the entire angel using CB-604 Soft Fan. Let the color dry some, but not completely bone dry. Use a moistened Synthetic Sponge to wipe off the glaze from the highlights on the angel. Go cross wise against the grain to leave the color in the crevices when possible. Rinse the sponge often. Color should be uniform in look once antiqued. Make sure the face isn’t too dark with glaze. Let dry. Make one final pass over the angle with a clean damp sponge before firing.
- Dot the eyes with 1-2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing using the handle end of a brush.
- Optional Step for outdoor use. Glaze the inside with 1-2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to reduce moisture build up in the bisque.
- Stilt and Fire to Shelf Cone 05-06.
- Optional Step for outdoor use. Apply 1 coat of Thompson’s Water Seal using CB-604 Soft Fan to the entire outside surface. Let dry. Apply a second coat and let dry. Wash brush in warm soapy water.