- Last Updated: Tuesday, 31 May 2016 17:00
An idea for the Frog Planter.
- MB-1330 - Frog Planter
- FN-020 - Medium Green
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-16 - Cotton Tail
- SC-26 - Green Thumb
- SC-27 - Sour Apple
- SC-36 - Irish Luck
- SC-55 - Yella Bout It
- S-2101 - Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-213 - Sponge on a Stick - 1¼"Diameter
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- ST-343 - Deco Circles
- Small Cup
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN- 020 Medium Green into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the planter and roll around to completely coat the interior of the planter. Drain out the excess glaze and keep planter inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 thinned coats of SC-55 Yella Bout It to the breast of the frog.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 thinned coats of SC-27 Sour Apple to the remainder of the frog with the fan.
- Shade legs mouth of the frog with SC-26 Green Thumb. To shade, use CB-106 #6 Script Liner, have the brush wet, pick up some color on the tip of the brush, then flatten the brush to stoke in the thinned color around all the body parts. This will add darker color without leaving a line.
- Float some SC-36 Irish Luck around the mouth line, and under the eyes and deep crevices of the legs.
- Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with SC-15 Tuxedo. Tap the SC-15 Tuxedo onto the ST-343 Deco Circles Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the piece in a random pattern. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush the outer ring of the stamp design with one stroke of SC-26 Green Thumb.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail on the eyes, apply 2 coats of thinned SC-26 Green Thumb to the Iris and to the pupil with 1 coat of SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze the outside of the frog. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.