Love Warms the Home
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 17 June 2014 13:40
Hand prints help create "Love Warms the Home" plate with Stroke & Coat, Foundations and Jungle Gems
- MB-102 Coupe Dinner Plate
- CG-756 Firecracker
- FN-001 White
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-8 Just Froggy
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-34 Down to Earth
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- AC-222 Medium Writer Tip
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Palette Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque.
- Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 -3 coats of FN-001 White to the entire piece. Allow to dry.
- Print the two patterns on AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper. Position the patterns so they fit on the platter and trace.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to your child’s right hand and make a handprint inside the fireplace area with the thumb facing up. Allow the handprint to dry until no shine is left in the glaze.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply SC-6 Sunkissed to your child’s left hand and make a handprint inside the fireplace area with the thumb facing up.
- Use a Palette Knife to stir the CG-756 Firecracker glaze so that the crystals are distributed thru the glaze. Drop and fill the red areas of the fireplace with CG-756 Firecracker.
- Apply 3 coats of SC-27 Sour Apple to the stockings.
- Paint thick lines of SC-34 Down to Earth under the handprints to make log in the fire.
- Apply 3 coats of SC-8 Just Froggy to Santa’s bag of toys.
- Apply 2 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to Santa’s suit.
- Apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to Santa’s boots.
- Fill AC-222 Medium Writer Tip with SC-15 Tuxedo. Using the Writer Tip Bottle, make circles with swirls inside of them at the end of the logs. Outline the fireplace, stockings and Santa.
- Trace the words with the SC-15 Tuxedo using the Writer Tip Bottle.
- Thin a small amount of SC-74 Hot Tamale with water. Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, paint upside down “V”s in the fire for the tips of the flames. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.