- Last Updated: Thursday, 08 November 2012 16:27
- MB-1308 - Christmas Tree Votive Holder
- CG-961 Evergreen
- EL-124 - Stormy Blue
- UG-02 - Sea Blue
- FN-041 - Medium Blue
- AC-302 - Wax Resist
- AC-525 - Brush Cleaner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Masking Tape
- Sea Wool Sponge
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean BT-910 Synthetic Sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Tape over the tree opening with Masking Tape.
- Place some FN-041 Medium Blue into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the piece and roll around to completely coat the interior of the piece. Drain out the excess glaze and keep piece inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Remove the tape, and with a damp BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, remove any drips from the outside.
- Using a CB-604 # 4 Soft Fan, apply 3 smooth coats of UG-2 Sea Blue to the outside of the piece. Allow to dry.
- Condition a CB-106 #6 Script Liner by: dampening the brush in water and squeezing out any excess water. Load the brush with AC-525 Brush Cleaner then squeeze between a paper towel.
- With the conditioned brush, apply AC-302 Wax Resist to a loose outline about ¼” from the actual cut out tree area, and add a star to the top of the tree, filling it in completely. Add 3 more tree outlines and filled in stars to the side areas on the Votive Holder.
- Using a small piece of a Sea Wool Sponge, load in AC-302 Wax Resist and add a lacey background to the inside areas of the trees, including the area around the cut out tree.
- Using a CB-106 # 6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of CG-961 Evergreen to the inside areas of the trees.
- Using a CB-106 # 6 Script Liner and a CB-604 # 4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of EL-124 Stormy Blue to the background. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.