- Last Updated: Wednesday, 21 December 2016 20:18
- MB-101 Coupe Salad Plate
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SC-65 Peri-Twinkle
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-94 Curry Around
- FN-004 Red
- SG-302 Snowfall
- SL-441 Spots Stencil
- ST-129 Mini Fern Stamp
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Rubber Squeegee or Stiff Brush
- 2" Foam Roller
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Cut out one pattern of the reindeer and trace around the shape on the plate.
3. Using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan and CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply two coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the reindeer, going outside the pencil lines.
4. Brush water over the glaze on the plate and place the paper cut out over the painted area. Press gently with a towel to remove excess water and remove all wrinkles.
5. Pencil in a snow line. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-65 Peri-twinkle above the line to create the sky. Let dry to the touch.
6. Place the SL-441 Spots Stencil over the sky area. Use the 2" foam roller to gently roll over the stencil with SC-16 Cotton Tail. Roll in various directions for best application. For whiter spots, roll over the stencil several times.
7. Plop SG-302 Snowfall into the forground and spread with a stiff brush or a rubber squeegee. Scrape it away from the paper reindeer.
8. Remove the paper reindeer.
9. Using the second pattern of the reindeer and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace the detailed sections of the reindeer on top of the reindeer shape.
10. Use the Script Liner and CB-110 #10/0 Liner to apply three coats of SC-94 Curry Around to the head, tops of the ears and the back legs. Apply three coats of SC-25 Crackerjack Brown to the body and front legs of the reindeer.
11. Use the Liner to apply two coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the antlers. Apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the nose.
12. Use the foam roller to apply SC-14 Java Bean over the ST-129 Mini Fern Stamp. Stamp the head and the body of the reindeer.
13. Scrape glaze out from the eyes and apply one coat of SC-16 Cotton Tail and SC-15 Tuxedo for the pupils.
14. Use the Liner and SC-15 Tuxedo to outline the body, eyes and legs. Highlight the nose and antlers with a swipe of SC-16 Cotton Tail.
15. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-004 Red to the back of the plate.
16. Fire to cone 05/06.