- Last Updated: Thursday, 12 June 2014 18:31
Ornament vase is begging for your special design ideas.
- MB-1349 Stacked Ornament Vase
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SG-401 Designer Liner
- SG-501 Sulpting Medium
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-602 - #2 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Small Cup
- ¼" Masking Tape
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place a small amount of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the ornament vase and roll around to completely coat the interior of the ornament vase. Drain out the excess glaze and keep ornament vase inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-602 #2 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the bottom ornament. Apply 3 coats of SC-26 Green Thumb to the middle ornament and 3 coat of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the top Ornament. Allow to dry.
- Using ¼” masking tape, make stripes on the bottom ornament following the shape of the ornament.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SG-501 Sculpting Medium to the stripes. Remove the masking tape after the second coat is applied.
- With a pencil, sketch the star shape design on the top and bottom of the middle ornament and the teardrop shape on the top ornament.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SG-501 Sculpting Medium to the star shapes and the teardrop shapes.
- With a pencil, sketch on the words, "Holly" on the top ornament, "Jolly" on the middle ornament and "Christmas" on the bottom ornament.
- With the SG-401 Designer Liner line the lettering on each ornament. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze over the lettering. Optional: you can apply clear glaze to the ornaments, including the SG-501. Clear glaze will create a gloss finish on Sculpting Medium. SG-501, otherwise it will have a dull finish. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.
- After firing is complete, use CB-106 #6 Script Liner to apply 2 coats of MM-105 Gold Metallic to the ornament cap.