- Last Updated: Thursday, 12 June 2014 18:38
Duplicate ideas you see on cards, wrapping paper onto a piece of bisque.
- MB-889 - Asian Flair 8" Square Plate
- SC-3 - Wine About It
- SC-6 - Sunkissed
- SC-73 - Candy Apple Red
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- AC-303 Liquid Mask
- AC-525 - Brush Cleaner
- AC-230 - Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SC-6 Sunkissed to the front of plate and around edges. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the back of plate. Allow to dry.
- With a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace the tree pattern on the plate.
- Condition a CB-110 #10 Liner by wetting the brush in water and squeezing out any excess water. Load the brush with AC-525 Brush Cleaner then squeeze between a paper towel. Apply 2 coats of AC-303 Liquid Mask to the tree and star on top of tree.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the front of plate and over edges.
- To create darker edges on top and bottom, use a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan and apply 1 coat of SC-73 Candy Apple Red, blending in SC-74 Hot Tamale and a little SC-3 Wine About It, as you get out off center on the front of the plate.
- While the above coat is still very wet use the toothpick to lightly scrap red off to make smaller stars. Be careful to not scrape of yellow.
- While last coat of red is still damp, use the toothpick to peel up an edge of the AC-303 Liquid Mask and pull it off of the tree and star.
- Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.