- Last Updated: Thursday, 12 June 2014 18:38
Almost like the real thing . . .
- MB-1169 - Snowman Ornament
- SC-31 - The Blues
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- SC-75 - Orange-A-Peel
- SP-216 - Speckled Cotton Tail
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Strip of Fabric
- 3 Small Buttons
- Drill with ⅛" Ceramic Bit
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Drill a hole on either side of the snowman using a drill and a ⅛" ceramic drill bit.
- Apply 3 coats of SP-216 Speckled Cotton Tail to the entire snowman.
- Apply 3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the headband of the snowman's earmuffs.
- Apply 3 coats of SC-31 The Blues to the earmuffs.
- Apply 3 coats of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the nose of the snowman.
- Apply 2 dots of SC-31 The Blues to each eye of the snowman.
- Using the tip of a liner brush, apply a series of dots of SC-74 Hot Tamale to create a smile on the snowman.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
- After the piece is removed from the kiln: tie the strip of fabric around the snowman's neck like a scarf; glue the buttons onto the front of the snowman; and, glue the twigs in the side holes.