- Last Updated: Wednesday, 13 September 2017 16:48
- MB-1352 6" x 6" Clay Canvas
- SC-10 Teal Next Time
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-55 Yella Bout It
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0143 Stylized 3 - Boho
- SG-501 Sculpting Medium
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Palette Knife
- Hamper Netting
- Plastic Card
- Bamboo Skewer
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Cut out pattern and rectangle from the paper.
3. Place pattern onto the clay canvas and trace the outline of the ornament. Holding the pattern in place, draw lines onto the bisque that extend from the horizontal lines on the pattern.
4. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-55 Yella Bout It to the center section of the ornament, going slightly past the outline.
5. Wet the paper rectangle and place onto the center of the ornament (over the yellow), extending past the outline. Gently press the paper to ensure edges are sealed.
6. Use the Script Liner and Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the rest of the ornament, going slightly past the outline. Remove the paper rectangle.
7. Wet the paper cut out of the ornament and place onto the painted design. Use a damp sponge to remove glaze that extends beyond the pattern.
8. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-45 My Blue Heaven around the ornament. When the second coat is still wet, place the hamper netting on top of the canvas. Press gently to make the netting stick into the glaze.
9. Apply one more coat of SC-45 My Blue Heaven. Allow the color to dry a bit. Gently press the canvas with a paper towel to remove excess glaze.
10. Pour SG-501 Sculpting Medium onto a plate. Pour SC-73 Candy Apple Red onto a separate plate so it is ready to use.
11. Use a plastic card to apply Sculpting Medium over the netting. Let the product set just a bit. This will keep the color from blending with the medium.
12. Use the Soft Fan to apply SC-73 Candy Apple Red over the Sculpting Medium.
13. Immediately remove the netting. Waiting too long can cause the medium to chip. The best way to remove the netting is to pull the four corners of the netting up at the same time.
14. Use the plastic card (clean) to scrape excess Sculpting Medium from the sides of the canvas.
15. When the glaze loses its shine, remove the paper. Use the bamboo skewer to lift the edge of the paper.
16. Use a palette knife to mix a bit of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium with SC-10 Teal Next Time to the consistency of peanut butter.
17. Screen the half-flower design from DSS-0143 Stylized 3 – Boho silkscreen across the yellow portion of the ornament. Start in the center then screen the design on each side.
18. Dip the long edge of the plastic card into SC-10 Teal Next Time to create the straight lines that create the sections on the ornament. Dip the card into the color then dab onto paper or a paper towel to check the amount of glaze. Press the edge of card onto your ornament. Alternatively, you may use the Liner to paint your lines.
19. Use the Liner to outline the ornament using SC-10 Teal Next Time.
20. Use the Liner to fill in the design as desired with one coat of the following colors: SC-10 Teal Next Time, SC-73 Candy Apple Red and SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral.
21. Use the Script Liner to float SC-10 Teal Next Time onto the edges of the canvas.
22. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the sides of the canvas.
23. Stilt and fire to cone 06.