- Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 October 2018 18:06
- MB-101 Coupe Salad
- FN-004 Red Foundations
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-36 Irish Luck or SG-405 Green
- SC-39 Army Surplus
- SC-60 Silver Lining
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-93 Honeydew List
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0108 Aviary-Small Birds
- DSS-0111 Leaves
- SG-302 Snowfall
- ST-341 Leaves
- CB-106 #A6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Palette Knife
- Food Coloring
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
- You will screen the cardinal design with clear glaze and food coloring for placement only; the food coloring will burn off during firing.
- Place S-2101 Clear, tint with food coloring, on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. if the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat.
- Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas on your screen.
- Position the cardinal design from DSS-0108 Birds shiny side down on the piece and hold in place. Starting from the center and working out, rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen.
- Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-97 Cant-elope to the beak. Apply two coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to body of bird and tail feathers. Mix SC-60 Silver Lining with the SC-74 Hot Tamale for a grayed red color and apply two coats to the wing.
- Thin SC-93 Honeydew List with water and use the CB-604 Soft Fan to "float" the color onto the plate. Brush up to the cardinal and around the branch. Apply two thin coats. Let dry.
- Use the sponge-on-a-stick to apply SC-39 Army Surplus to the ST-341 Leaves stamp press onto the background of the plate.
- Mix SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium as in steps 2-3. Place the cardinal screen directly on top of the previously screened image. Rub the mixture over the screen.
- Use the Liner to darken the black around the beak and fill in the feet with one coat of SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Thicken SC-36 Irish Luck or SG-405 Green with the AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Screen the pine bough design to the plate in several places.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-004 Red to the back of the plate.
- Use the palette knife to apply SG-302 Snowfall to the edges of the plate.
- Fire to cone 06.