- Last Updated: Monday, 07 October 2019 19:37
MB-891 14" Asian Flair Square Plate
- FN-001 White
- FN-018 Bright Blue
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-77 Glo-Worm
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- DSS-0145 Coloring Page
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Large Snowflake Paper Punch
- 1" Circle Paper Punch
- 1 1/4" Circle Paper Punch
- 3/4" Circle Paper Punch
- Palette Knife
- Rubber Squeegee
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Cut out the shape of the reindeer and lightly trace around the shape onto the plate with a pencil including the ornaments
3. Using the Soft Fan, three coats of FN-001 White to the reindeer. Paint over the pencil line so it extends past the paper patten when applied.
4. You will work in sections. Use the Soft Fan to apply water to the deer. Place the paper pattern over the moistened area and press down. Press with a paper towel to remove gaps. The paper acts as a masking tool to prevent the next color from seeping onto the deer.
5. Using the Soft Fan, apply three coats of FN-018 Bright Blue to the front of the plate and the back.
6. Create the paste to use with the Designer Silkscreen using SC-12 Moody Blue with the AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Pour the size of a 1/2 dollar of SC-12 Moody Blue onto the palette. Sprinkle a small amount of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium over the glaze. Use a palette knife to mix the two to the consistency of peanut butter.
9. Use DSS-015 Coloring Page with the shiny side down on the plate. Apply the paste mixture over the DSS-015 Coloring Book screen using a rubber squeegee. Repeat for the other side of the plate. Hold the screen in place and lift a corner to make sure the image has transferred. When finished, soak the screen in water.
10. Remove the paper reindeer pattern.
11. Using the Script Liner, apply three coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale, SC-77 Glow Worm and SC-97 Cant-elope to the ornaments.
11. Use AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper and the deer pattern to trace on the nose, mouth, eyes, and ears.
12. Apply three coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the center of the nose and go around the edges with SC-74 Hot Tamale in an uneven circular shape.
13. Use the Liner to outline the body and antlers with SC-15 Tuxedo. Then, apply fur lines to the head and body of the reindeer.
14. Punch out three paper snowflakes. Wet the negative space then stick the snowflakes to the plate. Use the Script Liner to apply two even coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the open space. Remove the paper.
15. Evenly stilt and fire to cone 05/06.