- Last Updated: Monday, 15 June 2015 20:34
- MB-1412 Beetle Box
- SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-26 Green Thumb, SC-73 Candy Apple Red, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, SC-97 Cant-elope, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze, SG-401 Black
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, DSS-0113 Bugs, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Palette, Palette knife
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Use the CB-106 #6 Script Liner to brush SC-75 Orange-A-Peel near the grooves in the shell, on the head - excluding the small front section. Using the same brush, fill the rest of the rest of the spaces with SC-73 Candy Apple Red by brushing into the wet color. Apply 3 coats in the same manner.
- Use the Script Liner to paint 1 coat of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel onto the small section of the head. Use the liner to apply 1 coat of SC-97 Cant-elope onto the high point of the shell and head.
- Using the same brush, paint the tip of the head with 2 coats of SC-26 Green Thumb. Highlight with SC-97 Cant-elope.
- Use the Script liner to apply 1 thick coat of SC-33 Fruit of the Vine to the tops of the legs. Use the CB-110 Liner to finish the legs with SC-15 Tuxedo, leave SC-33 Fruit of the vine showing on the top sections of the legs.
- Use the same brush and SC-97 Cant-elope to shade the plain section of the leg that the beetle is sitting on.
- Using the CB-604 #6 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-97 Cant-elope inside the bottom of the box.
- Add AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to SC-15 Tuxedo and mix to a peanut butter consistency with a palette knife.
- Use the scarab screen from the DSS-113 Bugs Silkscreen and the Tuxedo mixture to transfer the design onto the sides of the box. Continue to screen in a row. You can use the 3-4 times before cleaning. Once complete, clean screen and lay flat to dry.
- With the Script Linter apply 1 slightly thinned coat of SC-97 Cant-elope onto the clear area of the screened bug bodies.
- Use SG-401 Black to outline the beetles body lines and to make the lines on the back.
- Eyes are painted SC-15 Tuxedo with highlight dots of SC-26 Green Thumb, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine and SC-97 Cant-elope. 1 coat of each color on each eye.
- Apply 1 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze the top of the box, except the Fruit of the Vine areas on the legs. Brush two coats on the box bottom.
- Fire to cone 05/06.