- Last Updated: Wednesday, 13 February 2013 21:14
- MB-1361 Small Koi
- FN-009 Black
- EL-135 Rare Earth
- EL-137 Black Adventurine
- SG-202 White Cobblestone
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- Masking Tape
- Small Cup
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place Masking Tape over the hole on the bottom area on the Koi.
- Place some FN-009 Black into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the Koi and roll around to completely coat the interior of the Koi. Drain out the excess glaze and keep Koi inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry. When dry, also remove the Masking Tape.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply 2 coats of FN-009 Black to the eyes.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of EL-135 Rare Earth to the fins and tail on the Koi.
- Using the CB-604 # 4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coat of EL-137 Black Adventurine to the body and head of the Koi, keeping it out of the eyes.
- Using a CB-604 # 4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SG-202 White Cobblestone to the body and fins of the Koi, keeping it off the head.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of EL-135 Rare Earth over the fins and tail.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coat of EL-137 Black Adventurine to the body and head of the Koi, keeping it out of the eyes. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.