Sugar Skull Lovin'
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 06 August 2013 20:32
- MB-1366 Bottle Cap
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-22 Carrot Top
- SC-33 Fruit of the vine
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-78 Lime Light
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- EL-120 Black Ice
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- SG-403 Red Designer Liner
- SG-404 Blue Designer Liner
- SG-405 Green Designer Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-200 #0 Detail
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- With a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, trace image onto the piece.
- Outline the image with SG-401 Black Designer Liner.
- Using a CB-200 #0 Detail, apply a puddle coat being careful not to load the brush too much or it will flow over the lines.
- Start with the rose and puddle SC-74 Hot Tamale into the petals. Next puddle SC-78 Lime Light into the leaves.
- Puddle SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-22 Carrot Top, SC-45 My Blue Heaven, and SC-33 Fruit of the Vine into the flowers. Use SC-78 Lime Light to puddle into the leaves.
- Puddle SC-74 Hot Tamale, SC-6 Sunkissed, and SC-78 Lime Light into the cheek patterns.
- Using a CB110 #10/0 Liner, apply SC-22 Carrot Top around the teeth also using the puddling method. Puddle the vines with SC-78 Lime Light. Puddle SC-33 Fruit of the Vine around the eyes. Puddle SC-6 Sunkissed in the earrings. Puddle SC-74 Hot Tamale in the heart around the nose.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the inside of the eyes and the nose.
- Use the SG-405 Green Designer Liner to put veins into the leaves.
- Use the SG-404 Blue Designer Liner around the eyes just as a dot.
- Use the SG-403 Red Designer Liner in the earrings. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the inside of the Bottle Cap.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of EL-120 Black Ice to the outside of the Bottle Cap. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.